Thursday, April 3, 2008

"Nothing Else Matters"

I wonder, what could you be doing this very instant, this very moment I’m thinking of you?

Are you thinking of me too?

Missing me, like I’m missing you?

As I lay awake, dead in the night, in this darkened room, I think of you, and all that’s happened between us these last few weeks.

And I smile.

So close, no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters


It just seems as if we’re both “The One” for each other. Yes, maybe we’ve both been in a relationship before, but….we’ve never felt more alive in it, as we do now. We can speak so openly with each other, so freely, it’s like we’ve both found outlets for our thoughts – we’ve both finally found an ardent listener to our random, spoken-out-loud thoughts.


I think about you, and all the jokes, all thoughts, all the things we shared between us.


And I smile.


Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I don't just say
and nothing else matters


We’d both reached a stage, where we needed someone to hang on to, someone to rely on, that one magical person, whom we could always depend on to save the day. We needed someone to trust, someone to have faith in. We had both been broken, shattered by the previous person in our lives, our respective first’s.


…..And then, we found each other. We needed each other. We’d just realized it then, but we were also quite unsure, fearing a repetition of history...


…and we didn’t want that to happen at all, considering we’d always been the best of friends.


….and so we explored our feelings together. We needed to know, what was this we felt for each other? Was it love, or only some strong infatuation? Or the latter, which could evolve into the former and so much more?


I think about you, and all the conflicts we had in our minds, all the uncertainties, how all of it just went away – once we spent more and more time with each other, once we got to know each other so well….


And I smile.


Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
and nothing else matters


I think about you all the time, now. And it’s getting worse by the day. You’ve been invading my dreams,invading my mind,invading my heart, and you’ve been ruling, like a goddess, over all of them.


….And I’m glad to have experienced that.


And I smile.


So close, no matter how far
Couldn't be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
and nothing else matters


There were always naysayers. There have always been. It’s human nature. People who’ve been jealous of us, been apprehensive of us together. Warning us both against each other. Our respective circle of friends – and their cynicism. People who predict the failure of our relationship…only and just because - it’s YOU who I’ve chosen for ME...or sometimes, they say it the other way round, just because of YOU having chosen ME.


I think about you, and all the things people have done – all the ends they’ve gone – just to construct a barrier between me and you, and how they’ve failed…


And I smile.


Never cared for words they say
Never cared for games they play
Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
And I know -


Yes, I know. We’re both that special someone for each other. We’re both that strength, that hope, that support, that….that LOVE….for each other.


And so, I think of you, and of what I feel right now :-



So close, no matter how far
Couldn’t be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are


And, nothing else matters.


..I smile…


.... I realize,


No, nothing else matters to me now.


.... nothing else but…....us being together


.....and You.



A/N : Thanks, Metallica, for a song that absolutely drips awesomeness!

7 comments:

Z-girl. said...

one of the best definations of love i've heard-rather read!
its awesome....
its makes u feel as if being in love is the best feeling of life {maybe it is}...
and am sure this is wat ur feeling right now.
u get inspired really fast bro {c bro not bhayya ;)]
Wnderrful...
perfect word sculpting..
gr8 choice of words.
wonderful theme........

koni said...

hmmmmm.. really nice in a mushy kind of way. :) the poetry in between though isn't as good as in some of your earlier works but nonetheless this is cute. :)

Mrunal said...

awwww.... very mushy mushy.... and its got a touch of innocence.... cute is the word! the way you break off into poetry in between then keep coming back and going to it again is a new fresh style....

mushy! cute!!

Anwesh said...

Hmm, cool man.. never thought u would go into this genre too, but hats off!!

this is my favourite story of urs so far...
keep it up... and yeah, u rock!! \m/

Riya said...

I've come to associate a certain level of novelty with your work. It is usually different...
I don't know if I can actually say that about this piece. I mean, it is written well (though there are a few sentences I would definitely have phrased differently), and grammatically this is pretty amazing. The content is fantastically mushy- but it feels like I've read this before...
I don't mean to sound harsh or discouraging, but I've read better stuff by you.
Looking forward to reading more of your work in the future...:)

Ishita said...

the other day, i was readin a preview of a very successful film, and i read the critic sayin,"wen an artist has been able to make a critic forget about critisizin his work,its the biggest success of his art."
while readin this story of prithwish, i could feel the strong objection of my eyes for not lettin the tears roll down...i guess i dnt need to add more here!
keep rockin!

Aparna said...

as anwesh says this is the best story of yours in this genre...

your dark posts are amzing too

but write more such mushy stuff

love can bring creativity in us

the way you juxtaposed your wonderful write-up with the beautiful song of metallica is very complimentary

i swear i can read this 10 times and listen to that beautiful song simultaneously

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise